And here we are for part 3. Part 2 was written mostly drunk so I didn't get chance to explain that these aren't the top 30 awesome moments in film, y'see, this list is pretty much reliant on what I can find on YouTube, otherwise I can't demonstrate the awesomeness of the moment. With words, it's just...impossible. So,if there's a moment that doesn't appear on this list that you thought was a dead cert then chances are I can't find it up on the interweb. Either that or your taste sucks.
So, let's get to it and finish rocking your faces.
21. Jurassic Park - If you didn't see this at the cinema I truly pity you.
Goldblum. Dinosaurs. The reappearance of the real star of the film, the T-Rex. Liquid awesome.
22. Goldeneye - He's not my favourite Bond and this isn't the best Bond film, but the pure awesomeness of this entrance cannot be denied.
Yes, the Blues Brothers is an excellent chase, and so is Ronin and Bullitt but they don't involve a tank, do they? Come on, have a word.
23. The Italian Job - The real one of course! It was the whole car chasing thing that made me think of it but that scene is too long to be properly classed as a "moment" really, so here's the best and most often quoted line.
You love it. Explosions and Michael Caine make the world go round.
24. Airplane! - He's back!
Could Michael Jordan do that? No, he was in the terrifyingly poor Space Jam. Plus, he'd spend all his time chummying up to the kid in order to sell him some more sweatshop produced trainers. Kareem? He lays down the law and tells it like it is. Check the look of terror and the kid's face! 'Nuff said, True Believer.
25. Spider-Man 2 - Being awesme isn't all about scaring people and blowing things up though, sometimes it's about gosh darn heroism. This is the best bit from the whole trilogy and surprisingly the only comic book adaptation I've got up here. But c'mon, it's Spidey!
They obviously couldn't fit the Final Chapter 5 Pages into the film so they went with this instead which does an equally good job of characterising Peter's determination. No matter what I read or what I start obsessing over, at heart I'm still your friendy neighbourhood Spidey-Fan.
26. Office Space - Not had your fill of violence yet? Well how's about this merciless beatdown?
This is so awesome that it never fails to get Richard to drunkenly recreate it.
This scene is made all the better by the fact that we've wanted to that ourselves so much. Of course, I've also wanted to go crazy blowing up a jungle with a minigun, but what ya gonna do?
27. Terminator 2 - Robot! Minigun! Robot and Minigun! Prepared to be rocked!
DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA BOOM! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HAA! Ahem. *regains composure* Moving on...
28. My Cousin Vinny - OK, I had an easy pop at Tomei last time, and I shouldn't have. It was an easy swipe and comedy gets enough of a bad time at the Oscars as it is and I actually think she deserved the Oscar for her magnificent performance. So, in celebration of that, lets use a Pesci heavy scene from the film!
That would also be my reaction. To be fair, if I ended up in a hunting lodge in America surrounded by bears, wolves, deer, beavers, eagles and sasquatches I'd get tooled up straight away and spend the majority of my time shooting randomly into the distance. In this country the legalisation of firearm ownership to the same extent as in the States would be a bad idea. Over there, in a country where 15% of fatalities are caused by The Jersey Devil* they should be given weapons at birth.
29. Ghost Dog: Way Of The Samurai - Pointless Stan Lee ones aside, cameos in films tend to be good. A reward to the fans, a little nod or something. This is the king of all cameos though from Samurai themed gangster movie Ghost Dog.
It's the RZA! What the hell?! Brilliant! Bobby Digital should randomly turn up in all films, say something relatively deep then walk off.
30. The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit - Any clip from the Greatest Movie Ever Made will do.
Buy this film.
So there you go Producers. You want to make your films better? Easy, all you need is a project starring Arnie and Kareem Abdul Jabbar travelling through time in a tricked out Peugeot fighting Dinosaurs, Giant Monsters, Robots Ninjas and the Viet Cong using miniguns, shotguns, chainsaws and pens. A helicopter containing Nazis and Arabs should also be destroyed by the Peugeot after a hectic chase involving a tank. Have Brian Glover tell a joke to John Cusack, Michael Caine and Joe Pesci, throw in plenty of swearing and one or two song and dance numbers scored by John Williams and played by a the RZA's mariachi band and you're laughing. Also, a camel should be rendered unconscious. Groovy!
Are you telling me you wouldn't watch that film? Pshaw!
Of course, no awesome film can be complete without some awesome credits. Take it away Jackie...
*Statistics may be completely made up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
:O
I'm shocked that nothing from Star Wars is there :(
Or the Karate Kid ending!!! ;-;
I luff the crane kick :(
The ending to Karate Kid is sufficiently awesome to be included in the list but some things had to go on the cutting room floor. Although I might revisit it at some point in the future.
Post a Comment