This family walks into a talent agency - a mother, father, son, daughter and baby. The father says to the talent agent that they have an act. [A self-satisfied comedian says something controversial involving fecal matter and incest.] They call it The Aristocrats. No-one laughs.
Well that was a big pile of not funny. I fully understand the idea that comedy shouldn't have taboo, and that humour often arises from crossing any of our self-imposed social barriers, but I'd also like it to be, y'know, funny. Otherwise it's not comedy. It's just...talking.
90 minutes of my life I'm not getting back. Bastards.
Anyway, before I get too hung up on the waste of time that was The Aristocrats I just want to say that genuine content is atually coming on Tuesday. As ever my intention was to get it finished today and stick it up here but all I ended up doing was watching things and continually promising myself that I'd post just after the next episode. Too late to get it done now though. And what have I been watching that's kept me from excercising my brain by trying to write something entertaining? Well, I've been watching Numbthreers which is a programme of my favourite genre - x fights crime in their spare time. In this case the x is a mathematician. Whilst not as good as Players or Renegade it does feature one of the coolest visual devices of televisual history - Maths Vision.
Predator can bugger off, Maths Vision is way cooler than heat vision. Formulae appearing in chalk writing over what you are looking at beats the hell out of indistinct red and orange blurs. In my mind, that is how the inimitable Luke McKinney always sees the world. He's like the Predator of Science. (That's my subtle way of sending you to go read his stuff. Possibly the funniest writing on the Internet. Apart from AP2, natch.)
And speaking of science, I've also been watching The Big Bang Theory. An alrightish sitcom about geeks which features David from Roseanne and That Funny One Out Of 8 Simple Rules Who Isn't Katey Sagal. It's nothing special but there are a couple of good performances so I think I'll stick with it and see what happens.
Another day, another failed attempt at content. Nevermind. I'll just have to throw something up here that will hopefully leave everyone with a feeling of satisfaction and not the same feeling of wasted time I got from watching The Aristocrats.
That'll do nicely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Lack of content?
Not a problem. Just have it fixed by tomorrow.
Preferably with something involving Thor and lots of pictures of Daisy Duke. And Ratzis getting walloped.
Yes, yes. That would be quite satisfactory.
whilst I'm not going to say numb3rs is shit, as it has Fleischman in for christ sake, it's rather MOR, and that maths vision (or math vision as the american's would incorrectly pronounce it) gets old fast. And you already had that opinion about Aristocrats two years ago when I watched it and told you about it, so why in the name of Thor did you watch it? Oh and download 30 Rock, they're forever taking Thor's name in vain.
and if you don't download it...the whole series is here...http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_cd00XMTg5MDU2Njg=.html
Post a Comment